Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lostnowfound
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Misty234
What makes Roberts Plan more successful than other taper plans out there?
    lostnowfound is offline Junior Member

Default What makes Roberts Plan more successful than other taper plans out there?

I'm new here, just began. But I'm wondering what makes Roberts Plan so much more successful >> other taper plans? It seems a bit short, and some reviews have said it's too fast and it's best to taper by 10%. IF I have a bad week stabilizing, is it OK on roberts plan to go back and do 10% for that 5 days? Or is 25% always best? Also, what if it takes longer than 4 days to stabilize and get mentally prepared to go down again? I know the benefits, but what are the consequences? Also, I get anxiety so oooooo bad. That's the one thing I cannot handle. Hot baths don't work, walking only helps a little until I stop. I have some xanax, but it tends to give me migraines so I steer clear of it unless I absolutely must, even then it's like .25mg or less. I don't want to get hooked on that. I had to take some today, family issues and also me over thinking the future tapering and changes.

I'm just curious the difference between this and others and what people do to stabilize or if they have to go up, etc etc.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Lostnowfound
    Welcome! Good questions. My own taper required 4 months. I made 25% drops in the beginning but once down to 1 mg i made 10% drops. People may stay on a dose more than 4 days if that's what it takes to stabilize. That's recommended.
    What dose are u on now?
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

Robert's Plan works. It's plan and as simple as that. It is not intended to be written in stone and it sometimes needs to be tweaked in terms of reductions and the time in between reductions.. There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying at your dose for longer than four days. The important part is to be completely stable before you reduce again. The consequences, as you asked, is that whatever symptoms you are experiencing when you make that reduction will just follow you. You have to be good and stable first before you reduce. You will get a lot of support and great advice here but it is important, just like Ming said, to tell us what dose you are taking now and for how long.

There's no such thing as having to be done within a specific amount of time. Slow and steady is the key. Tell us more about where you are at in terms of daily dose and if that dose has been steady or if you've been up and down with it. Also let us know how long you've been taking subs. That will help get you the best advice.

Peace,

Cat

Misty234 is offline Member

Hi Lost,

I tried jumping from an 8mg dose and that failed miserably so I went to Robert's taper plan. Did I follow it to the letter...Hmm Nope but I did for the most part.When I dropped to 1mg I did stay on that dose a few extra days and when I went to .5mg I had to take a couple "rescue doses" to get me through. The important thing is not to drop the dose unless your stable. The dose doesn't matter quite as much as how you are feeling when you make a drop. If your feeling bad when you make a drop you are only going to feel worse when it's time for another reduction.. I usually don't give advice because I only have 11 days in with no subs. The reason I chimed in this time was because I was thinking of Robert the other day and all the good he did to help people on this forum. He helped people he never spoke to or never knew like me I was lurking here when he was actively posting and was saddened to hear of his passing.. I think Robert would agree his plan can be worked different ways for people as long your plan works for you does it really matter how you get there ?????...Take Care...Lisa

PS Sorry if that came off as sounding rude it truly wasn't meant to sound that way. I just think that Robert's plan has so many success stories it's hard not to think his plan is the best one going... just my humble opinion.
    Catrina likes this.

lostnowfound is offline Junior Member

Thanks guys! I started but caved. So I switched my phone number and did a few extra things to help me be successful. I just reinducted yesterday. I'm so looking forward to hearing success stories. I'm verybcuriousbwhybthis plan has been so much more successful compared to others I've read reviews on. Everyone always refers back to roberts plan everywhere I read. So that's what made me do it.
    I inducted at 8mg. I plan 8mg for 3 days then 6mg for 4 days and so on. I will surely be on here often, daily, hourly. LoL. Also looking into NA groups in my area. I haven't been on it, I'm using it to get off 2 yrs on blues and the past 2 months dabbling in h (smoking it 1 or so baggy a day, not TOO out of hand, but I don't want it to go further, so I'm here to stop it).

Misty234 is offline Member

Hi Lost,

Good for you...you can do it. There will lots of great advice and support from the great forum. I'm day 12 off subs I get about 4 hours sleep a night and I'm grateful for it that's why I'm responding so early. Have a great day!...Take Care...Lisa