Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Whatisgoingon12
  • 1 Post By Wavision
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By Whatisgoingon12
When will the shoe drop 3 days in and I don't know what to expect.
    Whatisgoingon12 is offline New Member

Exclamation When will the shoe drop 3 days in and I don't know what to expect.

Hello ive been glued to this site for a few months now and I've finally decided it's now or never to get of suboxone.

Quick over view, I'm 24 yrs old, I've been on zubsolve for 2 years and was addicted to pain meds, any thing I could get my hands on but perfered Roxy for 7 years before that. I started really young peer pressure. I started at 2 8 mg pills a day, did that for over a year then decided to stop a year ago. I tapered down on my own to about 1 mg a day until I had 3 left and then made those last about 2 weeks. Not sure how much I was taking just a little powder at a time but I would take some in the morning and at night.

So I'm on way 3 of nothing. I had a few days when I still had some left that I'd push myself as long as I could without taking anything but never went longer than 36 hrs. So my question is short of not sleeping and minor chills, which isn't unusual for me considering I'm always cold, I feel nothing. I'm tired and my stomach doesn't feel great but that's it. I've taken Imodium 2 times over the last 3 days but I've read horror stories about coming off of that so I don't even want to go there.

Is this normal? I feel fine during the day, nights are hard but that's just because I love sleeping. I go back to work Friday and from what I have read around day 5 is the turning point which is why I planed this the way I did.

I just want some help and to make sure I'm not crazy. I don't think it's so but up in my system that I'm still not hitting withdrawals yet because I've been on the 2 mg pill for months and was breaking those into quarters from the get go.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Welcome, you are in the right place for support.

Walkley who is a member here is on zubsolv and she is currently tapering. She is below 1mg.

I had never heard of zubsolv until reading her thread. I'm not sure if zubsolv has the same half life as suboxone, but the half life of that can be up to 72 hours.

Hopefully you will be good, but I would suspect if you are going to get hit hard, it would be over the next few days. Just take it day by day and don't wait or think about symptoms coming on. Perhaps you tapered well enough for a soft landing.

Post and update us as much as you can. I'm sure Walkley will wander in here at some point.

Good luck.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Welcome. Congratulations on getting off the subs. From what I've read zubsolv is the same as suboxone except that its a bit stronger. A 5.7 mg zubsolv is equal to an 8 mg suboxone. I think it's something like 42% more. With that being said its hard to know your timetable with your tapering. There is a big difference from 1mg to .5 mg. It sounds like you tapered down pretty low. I'd suggest that you don't worry on if the shoe is gonna drop or not. Just take it one day at a time. I'm sure you will have some symptoms, but as for the severity of them and how long they will last is anybody's guess. Just focus on getting through today. Stay positive and hydrated.

Have you seen the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal. It will help you on this journey. I'd leave out the benzos unless you're already taking them under a doctor's supervision. Post as much as you need to, we are all here for you.

You can do this!! I can tell you that clean is so much better than I could have ever hoped for.

Welcome again and congratulations!!
    Beef
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Hey I feel slightly better. I will say one thing for me is I am eating, a lot more than normal. And I am staying hydrated by drinking a lot of water. I'm about to bake a king cake for my mother so that will take me a few hours and keep my mind occupied. I keep telling myself just one more day and I will be over the big hurdle with the physical stuff, just throws me off because I'm not so much experiencing the physical symptoms.
    Mind over matter. I am happy to say even though I'm only 3 days in its the first time since I was either 14 or 15 that I haven't taken pills every day.
    One thing my heart rate is sky high, like in the 90s resting. Is that normal because I didn't notice it until I started really tapering down. Anyone else had a problem like this?

Yes. It all sounds normal to me. Keep an eye on your heart rate though. I did some meditation and breathing exercises to help keep it down and my blood pressure also. I know when I jumped I read every thread I could find on here. Killed some time and gave me some great insight for what I was going through. There are so many stories on here that will motivate and inspire you. Keep your head up, this is only temporary and it will pass.

Beef
    Catrina likes this.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wavision View Post
    Welcome, you are in the right place for support.

Walkley who is a member here is on zubsolv and she is currently tapering. She is below 1mg.

I had never heard of zubsolv until reading her thread. I'm not sure if zubsolv has the same half life as suboxone, but the half life of that can be up to 72 hours.

Hopefully you will be good, but I would suspect if you are going to get hit hard, it would be over the next few days. Just take it day by day and don't wait or think about symptoms coming on. Perhaps you tapered well enough for a soft landing.

Post and update us as much as you can. I'm sure Walkley will wander in here at some point.

Good luck.
    Zubsolv is generally regarded as equal to Subs by strength. But by mg is is supposed to be about 38-42% different. Hence the different mg strengths. Walk is way down on her taper and can maybe shed some light on the differences. I was put on standard 2 mg sub sl strips. Making it easy to cut the film to exact doses. No matter what, the same medicine (BUPE) is in both of them with identical half-lifes, 24 - 72 hours.

Let us know more about you doses and maybe we can still help out? I am hoping you have a nice calm landing the way mine has been. I tapered, tapered, tapered. Then JUMPED at .25 mg. I am only a couple days ahead of you at seven. Not wanting the other shoe to drop either.

All the best!

Day 4. Night was horrible, but that's the only time I have problems. RLS is horrible but after i got to sleep finally, when i woke up every hour or so, i noticed it wasn't bothering me like when I'm first trying to get to sleep. I felt great this morning, even went to work for a few hours to help out with a large order.

As far as my dosage with the zubsolve it was almost impossible to tell how much I was doing, I know I made the 2.9 zubsolve last a week but those crumble when you try breaking them into anything smaller than a quarter. Before that I was only doing a quarter a day so about .75mg for over a month. I only felt minor withdrawals during the last week. So fingers crossed I'm on the last leg of this.
    I return to work full time tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help me get a little more sleep. I swear what's helped me the most is I have made myself get up and do things. I've gone out everyday even if it was just to spend an hour driving around back roads. I feel the best in the morning. It's crazy because I haven't felt this good during mornings in years even though I'm not sleeping. My heart rate is still bothering me but just because I can physically feel it beating but it is getting a little better. I'm still reserving judgment about how easy/hard this is until later but so far it is nothing like I expected. I read so many horror stories about this process and was freaking out a bit but I've been threw worse and feel very positive about this.

Day 8. Sorry weekends for resturant workers are looking and crazy so I haven't had time to do anything. I've decided I've got to be over everything. I'm still not sleeping hardy, maybe 3 to 4 hours a night, but I also haven't been taking anything to help me sleep since Friday night.
    Only thing I'm struggling with is getting a new routine down but that will come with time.
    I know everyone is different, and this whole process scared me which is why I didn't stop a year ago when I initially planed to, but my only advice is to just listen to your body, and be 100% committed to quitting and I promise it's possible. It's just like choosing to get off opiates and going to suboxone unless you really want to do it you won't. Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldnt do. Eat, even when you don't feel like it, drink water, and get out. I'm still in the way early stages but I know deep down that I'm done. Hell I walked in on people doing drugs that I work with and got offered some and for the first time in my life I said no and was happy about it. It WILL end and you WILL feel better.... Find a new passion or that one thing that gives you joy and when it's getting hard just remember your getting your life back.

Congratulations on 8 days clean. You're absolutely right and this will pass. You just gotta take it one at a time. Keep racking up those clean days. Sorry the sleep isn't where you'd like it to be but 3-4 hours a night I gotta say isn't terrible. I went a week and a half on about 2 hours of sleep, I was a straight up zombie. That being said there are a few things you could try to help out. What worked best for me was valerian root washed down with a throng cup of sleepy time tea after a long hot shower. There's also melatonin, I wouldn't use more than 5 mg at a time, less is more with it. Takes about 20 minutes to work, and you need to be in a completely dark room and turn your cell phone off. Certain types of light can negate its effect. There's also non prescription sleep aids like unisom. And of course there's benadryl and Tylenol pm. The last two I only took once or twice. I didn't want to trade one for the other.

Ahhh the dreaded RLS. I feel your pain. I took Hylands restful legs. Dissolved two tabs under my tongue and it worked for me. Hylands also makes several other products that could potentially help with RLS. You can find it at any pharmacy or wail mart.

Keep posting it really helps!!!
    Keep up the good work and know we are all here for you!!
    Beef