Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
Woodys Subox Taper
    Woody85 is offline Junior Member

Sorry been away and not updating(not that many of ya reply) it's been tuff and difficult holidays.

We'll today is day 7 of nothing. The day when Rose said don't take when ever that was my last little piece. Other then my back hurting a little I can deal with it. If my boxer can deal with what he has right now and not whine I think I'm ok.

Found out what was wrong. The blood work came back and has was to much calcium which the vet doc said means more n likely cancer. He won't eat but drinks. Won't take meds now. Last night I thought he wasn't gonna make it threw the night. Puked all day and even puked his hot dog I gave him n the am with his meds. My mind has been going 500 different ways the last 2 weeks. To be honest this is the worst holidays I have ever had and hope this is that last time it gets this bad. I'm just heart broken that all this stuff has happened in the last 2 weeks.

Wish I could post a picture of him.

Thanks guys. Happy new year be safe.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I'm so very sorry about your dog. I am an animal lover to my core. We lost our beloved Sophia in June and I still can't think of her without getting teary. She was so affectionate and adorable. She would sit on our laps when we were sad or had a rough day. Losing our furry ones is really hard. My best to you at this time.

I'm so glad to hear you jumped!! Thats so awesome. And it's great that your symptoms are very minimal. You did a great taper and should be proud!

Keep us updated. Now it's time to give everything you got to staying clean.

Take care.
    Kat

Thanks Kat. I know Im just trying to remember all the joy he brought to me and the family. Even tho some times he mad me really mad by eating the trim or dinning room table or getting muddy from chasing squirrels just stupid stuff now that u sit back and think about it. I just feel bad. I always try to play we him and what not. It was a every day thing for walks n stuff but that gout cut down after we had are little one. I just hope he know we love him and that even tho I did get frustrated with him I didn't mean it at all.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Woody: You are doing the right thing. Robert always said: do the next right thing. And you are dealing with this without drugs. That is huge!!!! Big Hugs to you in this trying time. Believe me, your dog knows you love him. Think of all those times you got mad at him: they were really funny. I know I've yelled at Elby enough times, I'd tell you his nick-name, but then this post wouldn't stay here, LOL. I'm really sorry about your dog, they are family, and though they slink away when you're mad, they know YOU are family and love you!!! Dogs go day to day and sometimes I wish I was a dog, because they don't hold what happened yesterday very long. Dogs don't hold a grudge, but they do know who loves them and your dog knows YOU love him.

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Woody while I am happy to read that you have been sub free for a week now I am very sorry to read about the situation regarding your boxer. Hoping that the vet is somehow wrong about him having cancer and that meds will take care of the calcium problem. I truly understand how you must be feeling and like Rose mentioned your dog does know you love him. My very best wishes to you Woody.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. The last day and so far today he seems to be doing ok which I think the meds are helping him keep water down and what food he is eating. Hope all you had a great New Years!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody85 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. The last day and so far today he seems to be doing ok which I think the meds are helping him keep water down and what food he is eating. Hope all you had a great New Years!!!
    Woody that is good news to hear that it looks like the meds are helping him out. I know how difficult it is when one of our pets is hurting. There are a lot of members here that have dogs and cats and they are more then pets to us they are family. Trust me Woody there are a lot of people here pulling for you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 and Lincolnecho like this.

Hey guys and gals. I'm back baby! Let me tell you that now being off subxon now 2 weeks to the date. It's a true blessing. I know what feelings are again as you know what's been going on with my B (my boxer bandits nickname lol) I got the results back and it wasn't good. He has lymphnoma. There is really nothing we can do besides make him comfy. He's on prednazone now and he's at least holding food down and water but he does have his good and bad days. It's hard really hard knowing I can't help him. But I know as hard as I can effn ever think and I know he's ok and is feeling better for the time being. It just make the time when it does come a little bit easier. Been cooped up all day bc of the monster storm we had n Indy yesterday. Boooooy is it cold out -43 wind chill lol. We'll I was just giving a update and letting everyone know it's been 2 weeks free 8-)
    alexnt likes this.

Hey guys and gals. I'm back baby! Let me tell you that now being off subxon now 2 weeks to the date. It's a true blessing. I know what feelings are again as you know what's been going on with my B (my boxer bandits nickname lol) I got the results back and it wasn't good. He has lymphnoma. There is really nothing we can do besides make him comfy. He's on prednazone now and he's at least holding food down and water but he does have his good and bad days. It's hard really hard knowing I can't help him. But I know as hard as I can effn ever think and I know he's ok and is feeling better for the time being. It just make the time when it does come a little bit easier. Been cooped up all day bc of the monster storm we had n Indy yesterday. Boooooy is it cold out -43 wind chill lol. We'll I was just giving a update and letting everyone know it's been 2 weeks free 8-)
    Woody congrats on 2 weeks free of subs. I saw on tv the storm that went thru your area yesterday so I guess I cant complain about the weather here. Very little snow but the wind chill tonight is -23 but at least its suppose to warm up after tomorrow. Im really sorry about B and I understand that feeling of not being able to do anything for him. My best wishes to you and keep up the great job you have done.

Alex

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Congrats on 2 weeks Woody . Keep up the good work and stay strong ! So sorry to read about your dog and you both have my best wishes .

Ken

2 Months 3 weeks 5 days since my last dose. TELL YA WHAT IM SO HAPPY!!! Sorry I have been gone for a while been sooooo busy at work and my dog. He's been doing ok but I have a feeling he is on a down hill slide now ;(. His lymph noids are swollen in his chest and checks now which is a indication that the cancer has spread... I'm mentally preparing myself for what is to come with life with out on of my best friends.

For everyone who says they can't get off or say that the withdraws are bad. Just think someone else has it worse somewhere else and you can mentally and physically beat it... YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT. I hope all is we'll with everyone that posted on this thread and to others that are trying to stop!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I'll be keeping n touch!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-18-2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Opps
    iloerose likes this.

2 Months 3 weeks 5 days since my last dose. TELL YA WHAT IM SO HAPPY!!! Sorry I have been gone for a while been sooooo busy at work and my dog. He's been doing ok but I have a feeling he is on a down hill slide now ;(. His lymph noids are swollen in his chest and checks now which is a indication that the cancer has spread... I'm mentally preparing myself for what is to come with life with out on of my best friends.

For everyone who says they can't get off or say that the withdraws are bad. Just think someone else has it worse somewhere else and you can mentally and physically beat it... YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT. I hope all is we'll with everyone that posted on this thread and to others that are trying to stop!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I'll be keeping n touch!
    Woody its good to hear from you again and im very happy for you that its been almost 3 months since you jumped off of subs and you have remained clean. I am sorry to read though about bandit appearing to be on the downhill slide. I am proud of you though for remaining clean and you should be proud of yourself. Take care of yourself.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12