Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Woodys Subox Taper
    Woody85 is offline Junior Member

Default Woodys Subox Taper

We'll my last bust to my doc was Thursday and he was happy it was his last time seeing me("even tho he said I was on of his good patience") lol in a good way. I started met taper about 3 weeks ago and today was my first skip day. I got down to .125 for 4 days and felt pretty good minus the little runny noise and small sweating under my arms but if u can't deal with that then I unno(just the way I was brought up) 8-). Today I stayed pretty busy but was kinda slow but still was busy. Took about 45 min nap and felt rejuvenated. I know I'm in the home stretch and I can smell it. I know there is gonna be them days where I just don't wanna be talked to and just leave me alone and let me work.(work for my pops at our roofing company) he is proud if me to finally get off after 2.5 years in sub. I know it's not that big a deal and some are far of worse then I was. At most I only ever took 4mg at the begging for about a year or so them took down to 2mg then took down to 1mg after a few weeks then down to .5mg after a few weeks. Now I followed the taper plan and now am on my first skip day today.So I Then decided I was done and the new year is approaching and it was my goal to begin with to be done by New Years. So I figured I would start my own thread so I could talk. I have no desire to ever go back to the way I was before. I have way to much to lose and a loving family of my own 8-). So in that her is my story and here's to a clean life from pain meds!!!

Bust was to be visit my bad. Typed all that on my phone ha

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Wow, congratulations Woody! Keep posting how you are doing. And no, it is not a small thing: you were on subs for 2 1/2 years. That's huge! The longer you are on subs, the harder to come off. You sound like my family: down playing and sucking it up. That's a good thing in a way to have that attitude, yeah, you may have some symptoms yet, but not bad. If you need something for energy try some L-tyrosine with B-6, it will help with the "feeling slow" and being tired. Keep staying busy. Exercise is important and I know if you are a roofer, that you get a good dose of that, but in between times stay active. Make a plan to stay clean: you can never touch another opiate again, ever. I am so glad for you and your family. Don't know how many your family is, but your kids will really appreciate growing up with a clean dad! That is the best gift you can give yourself and them. There is nothing more important that you will ever do in your entire lifetime. Keep posting here and we'll be here for you no matter what! Post through the good days and the bad days. You'll be dealing with life on life's terms and on your own w/o drugs! Again congratulations!

Peace,

Iloerose

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

That's so awesome!! Good for you.

As the saying goes, getting clean is easy, staying clean is hard work. Do you have a recovery plan in place? For instance..counseling, NA, etc? For a long time I thought I could get and stay clean on my own, but now I realize I cannot. I need the extra support, at least for the next year or two. I see an addiction therapist and go to NA meetings. Being able to talk to people face to face is a huge help.

I wish you all the best. Nice job with your taper!
    Kat
    iloerose likes this.

Iloerose My family is 3 plus 2 dogs, but my family of everyone is 44. I am already taking them vitemins. They seemed to help when I first started them but now seem to not work but I still take them every morning. I slept pretty good ln and woke up feeling ok. Back hurt a little. I took my dose about 30 min ago. So lets see how the day goes...

Are you doing skip days at .125? or did you just drop? Either way is fine, it's just depends on how you feel. Keep taking the vitimans, exercise is essential to get natural endorphines, etc. moving in your brain again. Drink plenty of water, pure fruit juices, etc. Stay Strong and you'll be there in no time.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Skip days on the .125

ahhh, very good! Congratulations.

Here's to me kicking a today's butt. First day of 2 on skip days.

We'll so far so good. Kinda just threw up but don't feel bad. I took 2x the L-tyro I usually have think that's what just made me puke a little 8-)

Was chewing a piece of gum. That was nasty lol

Yikes! Like you said, perhaps it was the LTyrosine. Hmm, that's weird.

Good luck with your skip days! You're kicking azz!
    Kat

The L-T bothers some. Mostly, though it's jittery, but if you're not used to caffiene, could be the L-T made you ill. Keep kicking butt with this!

I was used to caffeine and have recently tried to stop drinking pop lol
    iloerose likes this.

Here's to day 2 of 2 skip day. I feel pretty good besides my lower back hurting a little( runs in family damn it lol) If I feel I dont need to take tomm I'm just going to jump. I slept pretty good ln but awoke at about 2am and tossed n turned for about 15 min then back to bed.

What a day. Was having a great day until my dad called all of us n the office. Was supposed to have our Xmas lunch today but got some of the baddest news on all of us.
    One of our employees was found passed away last night at his house from a self inflicted gun shot. Rob was a awesome guy and this is just heart breaking. I still think I'm in kinda shock mode and not really comprehending it as of right now.

I'm so sorry. That's awful. I can only imagine what his family is going through.

I'll keep everyone in my prayers.
    Kat

We'll good morning from a heavy heart today. It's so damn sad that it can change n a split second and u can do a damn thing about it.

We'll for the reason I'm on the board yesterday was my 2nd of 2 skip day and it was good given the circumstances. Today is my last dose I hope and I am done. So here's to a productive day I hope.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

We'll giving the circumstances it's day 2 of being off the subs. Must say I'm feeling ok (besides littler lower back pain). It's going to be a long weekend as the funeral is Saturday and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it at all. Anyone care to talk at all?

I'm so sorry about these circumstances..especially during the holidays.

I'm here to talk. I'll be checking your thread often today to wait for a reply from you..

Hey... It's just hard. I knew I was going to be able to get off this stuff but didn't count for this hapinng. (One of the life test) it's just hard bc I was doing so dangum good I thought and BAMMMMMMMM this hits ya.

Believe me, I understand. Don't know if you've read my thread lately, but my friend and her husband lost their 9 year old daughter a few weeks ago after she was hit by a truck. The horror and anguish they're going through is unimaginable. I've spent a lot of time with them doing what I can to help. For this to happen at Christmas time makes it that much worse.

Yes, you're right, these are the tests. It's very difficult not to reach for pills during times of sadness. But, you will get through. Remember why you're doing this and everything will be ok.

Kat

Good evening everyone. Well its been a rather long weekend and well ya know. Today was my 3rd skip day and I don't know but I couldn't do it all the way. I was doing ok, BUT MY LOWER back today was killing me. I ended up taking a VERY VERY small pc of a sliver. I know I was supposed to take tomorrow but I just couldn't do it with all the circumstances and what not. I don't think I have messed up but would like to know that its not a bad thing what I did. I hope everyone has a good eveing and Ill be back in the AM. Good night everyone.

Woody, You are going through a very bad time right now. My son took his own life on May 31. It's hard, hard, hard. You need to slow down and not worry about your taper right now. I will tell you that your back pain may increase to a certain extent when you drop because your brain is so used to having something, and is telling your body that you need something, stress can convince you of a need to use as well. Right now you have to deal with the other trauma. Alex has told people: It's o.k. not drop when you are under such stress. The rate of relapse is too great. Don't be using slivers here and there either: that's addict behavior. I don't know where you were when all this happened, but you may want to delay jumping or tapering for a few days and keep to your current dose so that you don't have any lingering effects to throw you. No, it's not necessarily a bad thing that you did, you shouldn't be reducing under stress. However, reaching for an opiate or reaching for extra sub because of stress is a different story, and not a good idea. I know you have back problems, but don't use that as an excuse, you're going to have to deal with that w/o opiates anyway.
    I am so sorry about your employee.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hey lloerose.... I haven't been taking a sliver here n there promise. Last night was the first time I took a very very small piece n 3 days and the first time I kinda got away from my plan. To be honest I think it was n my head and it really didn't do anything it was SO small. I am sorry for yr lose as we'll. I don't know how I would react to something of the magnitude. I hope all is we'll on yr side and EVERYONE has a merry Xmas.

We'll today seemed a lot better. I'm hoping I can try every 3 days now until I feel really comfortable

Thank you, Woody, for your kind words. It's tough not to use when stressful things happen to us. I'm glad you are on track. Be careful of changing whatever it is you were doing: every other day or whatever, until you are not under such stress. Stress is when we say to ourselves: "I need this" and is what got us here in the first place. Yeah, this is def. head game time. Stay strong and make sure you are stable. What dose are you on and how many skip days are between doses? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Peace,

Iloerose

Every 3 days I'm taking a very very very small little piece. I don't know if it's doing anything but maybe it's just n my head.

To make all matters worse I think something is wrong with my buddy Bandit(Boxer) taking him to the vet tomm to get blood work and other test done. He's been drinking water out the wazzzzoo and the burping and puking and is really not eating his food ( only treats, raw hyides, and bread.

Here's the hard part: Get over it and jump, Woody. Yes, this is the mental part. Sorry no one has replied to you. But you can do this and then get your butt to NA, or counseling. Getting clean is easy, staying that way is hard. It's time to just jump!!!! You are holding onto the sub like a security blanket. Time to move on. It is mental and you will see that you will be just fine. POST

Now for the nice part: I really hope you had a good holiday and that you are going to have a CLEAN and positive new year!!!! I also hope that Bandit is better: don't feed him bread or rawhides when he won't eat, bread, especially yeasty kinds of bread is bad for dogs, the rawhides take a time to digest and may make him sick for a time and put him off his food. I know not giving treats to your best buddy is hard! I have one too, his name's Elby (I freak out every time something is wrong with him he's 12) and he'd eat constantly if I let him. He likes those dingo bones.

Happy New Year to you!

Rose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-30-2013 at 09:17 PM.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Woody I have never replied before to your thread because when I saw your first post I saw where you were down to .125 and were on your first skip day and I figured you were home free and really hadn't paid attention to your thread but noticed Rose had replied on it today so I clicked it on. I hope the test on Bandit came back ok and hope he has recovered fully. I see where its been 3 days since you posted and you mentioned you were taking a small piece every 3 days now. Just like you said your self maybe its all in my head and like Rose mentioned this is the mental part. At a low dose of .125 every 3 days what you need to do Woody if you already haven't is to take that last dose at .125 and jump. Best wishes to you

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast