• 2 Post By tattooedmamaof2
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 3 Post By tattooedmamaof2
  • 1 Post By tattooedmamaof2
  • 1 Post By Troubledk8
Zubsolv HELPPP!!!
    tattooedmamaof2 is offline New Member

Exclamation Zubsolv HELPPP!!!

I don't know if it's my anxiety getting the best of me or if it is a side effect of the medication but I am freaking out. I have had an opioid addiction problem for about a year now and on Tues I saw a Dr who put me on zubsolv 5.7-1.4 mg. He wanted me to take one in the morning and half at night.

Tues morning at 9am I took my first dose and immediately after I started getting nauseous and projectile vomiting anything that touched my stomach. I called my Dr back and he said I must have had more opioids in my system than he thought and to skip my night dose and take a half in the morning and half at night.

Wednesday morning around the same time I took a half. I still felt extremely nauseous but able to keep liquid down. I felt higher than I've ever been in my life, and had ZERO energy or drive. I was so spaced out and nodding out but couldn't sleep. Called my Dr he said to skip my night dose and in the morning and just try taking a half at night. He said he may have underestimated my metabolism since I'm such a tiny girl.

Yesterday I skipped the morning dose and only took half at night. Same this morning, skipped my dose. I don't feel nauseous but I'm so not myself so out of it.. I really don't think this is the drug for me. I haven't eaten in 3 days. I can't even force feed myself.

I almost feel like withdrawing would just be so much easier at least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now I've been reading about sub withdraw and am terrified that now that it's in my system I am >>>>ed.

I need off of this with very minimal withdraw side effects. Someone help, this is such a horrible feeling. I can feel my life spiraling out of control and I can't get a grip.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmamaof2 View Post
    I don't know if it's my anxiety getting the best of me or if it is a side effect of the medication but I am freaking out. I have had an opioid addiction problem for about a year now and on Tues I saw a Dr who put me on zubsolv 5.7-1.4 mg. He wanted me to take one in the morning and half at night.

Tues morning at 9am I took my first dose and immediately after I started getting nauseous and projectile vomiting anything that touched my stomach. I called my Dr back and he said I must have had more opioids in my system than he thought and to skip my night dose and take a half in the morning and half at night.

Wednesday morning around the same time I took a half. I still felt extremely nauseous but able to keep liquid down. I felt higher than I've ever been in my life, and had ZERO energy or drive. I was so spaced out and nodding out but couldn't sleep. Called my Dr he said to skip my night dose and in the morning and just try taking a half at night. He said he may have underestimated my metabolism since I'm such a tiny girl.

Yesterday I skipped the morning dose and only took half at night. Same this morning, skipped my dose. I don't feel nauseous but I'm so not myself so out of it.. I really don't think this is the drug for me. I haven't eaten in 3 days. I can't even force feed myself.

I almost feel like withdrawing would just be so much easier at least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now I've been reading about sub withdraw and am terrified that now that it's in my system I am >>>>ed.

I need off of this with very minimal withdraw side effects. Someone help, this is such a horrible feeling. I can feel my life spiraling out of control and I can't get a grip.
    Oh my. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Your doctor gave you terrible advice. This isn't unusual. Believe it or not, most sub doctors have no clue how subs really work. I've been around this site for a long time and have seen so many people just like you come here for advice after being prescribed subs (same as what you have) and the folks right here got them on the right track. If given the choice between taking the advice of a doctor who only has to take a brief 8 hour online course to be certified to prescribe sub or the advice of people who have actually used it and successfully tapered off, I'd take the latter any day of the week.

First off, you probably did take your first dose too soon and that sent you into precipitated withdrawal. "You must have had more opiates in your system than he thought?" Really? We use COWS (Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale) to score yourself to be sure you are far enough into withdrawal before it's safe to take that first dose. If you take it too soon, well...you know for yourself what happens. It's horrendous. Too late now but it always makes me wonder why these sub doctors don't use the COWS I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Secondly, the plan used here (Robert's Sub Taper Plan) recommends that you begin to take Subs/Zubslov in very small doses and slowly increase it until you are completely stable. I've followed folks who were using upwards of 200mg/day of oxy or even the big H and have stabilized on 4mg/day or less. I don't recall anyone needing more than 6mg/day unless they've been taking high doses for a while and are now trying to taper off. Subs/Zubslov are powerful. Perhaps as much as 30 times stronger than morphine. No wonder you feel sick, right?. I don't mean to scare you. Subs are a very useful tool if you've tried everything else and just can't get clean and if you're willing to follow the plan used here.

So what now? What were you taking and how much per day before you began the Zubsolv? Knowing this will help us give you some good advice. If your habit wasn't huge, I'd encourage you to take a week for yourself and just cold turkey and be done with it. If you've tried that more than once and just can't do it, then maybe those Zubsolv are a good choice for you.

You're not totally screw*ed. With a little help, if you want to continue and do a proper taper you can be done in a matter of weeks depending upon how much you need to start. Tapering properly might cause some minor symptoms at some reductions but not so bad that they'll interfere with living your life. Most folks report feeling best once they get to tiny doses like 1mg/day or less. Your other option is to get rid of them and just go cold turkey and get this over with. You should make that decision soon before you get too much more of the Zubsolv in your system. The half life is very long.

What do you think? This is your journey, your choice but we'll help however we can. Take a deep breath because you're going to be OK. You stumbled onto a wonderful place go get good information and support. Really! You're going to be fine.

The weekends tend to be slower around here but I'll try to keep an eye out for you to respond.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 and DravenDomnq like this.

THANK YOU CAT!!! I used about 6-7 vic 10's a day for almost a year now, having taken percs n vics here and there for the year before it got bad. Once I separated from my husband that's when I started using the most and just numbing the pain. I feel like this stuff makes me feel higher than the pills ever did. This is for someone who did much stronger stuff than I did. The last two nights I only took half of a halfew. Still with the awful side effects and I don't know how to break the pieces any smaller than that. So I guess that woukd be 2mg once a day at bedtime? This is only day 4 for me on the subs. If tonight is my last dose when would I begin to withdra6? How bad will it be? I am a huge baby. I need to be babied so I can hardly take2 care of myself let alone my two boys. On top of that I go to class all morning and work all night. I need to get back into a routine. I can't even eat. I am withering away. If I could lay in bed and sleep my life away I would be okay with that at this point. I feel helpless. Worthless. Just so not myself. I want to feel human again.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Tattooed! Welcome!
    Ok. Strongly suggest u read and study the Taper Plan at top of Forum. Will explain a lot. Don't take the sub right before bed. Most folks take it twice a day but you were on too much. Like Cat said, u want to induct on the lowest possible dose. Also, if using pills rather than film strips, crush pill w back of a spoon. Then, using a credit card, separate crushed pill into smaller doses. Put each dose in a labeled container of sorts.
    I would think ur on way too high of a dose. Read the Taper Plan. You want to be on the lowest possible effective dose.
    Meanwhile, stay hydrated and eat light. You can do this and it'll be much easier once u get the dosing right (for you)..
    Good choice coming to the Forum--read stories, post when u can. We're here for you and know what it's like!
    Catrina and DravenDomnq like this.

THANK YOU CAT!!! I used about 6-7 vic 10's a day for almost a year now, having taken percs n vics here and there for the year before it got bad. Once I separated from my husband that's when I started using the most and just numbing the pain. I feel like this stuff makes me feel higher than the pills ever did. This is for someone who did much stronger stuff than I did. The last two nights I only took half of a halfew. Still with the awful side effects and I don't know how to break the pieces any smaller than that. So I guess that woukd be 2mg once a day at bedtime? This is only day 4 for me on the subs. If tonight is my last dose when would I begin to withdra6? How bad will it be? I am a huge baby. I need to be babied so I can hardly take2 care of myself let alone my two boys. On top of that I go to class all morning and work all night. I need to get back into a routine. I can't even eat. I am withering away. If I could lay in bed and sleep my life away I would be okay with that at this point. I feel helpless. Worthless. Just so not myself. I want to feel human again.
    Hello!

OK. We can get you on the right track. I have to get ready for work but I'll check in with you a little later this morning Please post to let me know you're checking in. I assume you took a dose last night. Is that right? Take nothing for now. Like I said, the half life is very long and you'll be fine and in fact probably feel better as you allow some time for the Zub to dissipate.

Sorry. I have to run but I wanted to check on you before I head out the door. I will try to check here when I get into the office later this morning but if I can't, I'll be home shortly after noon (EST) and I'll definitely check in and give you some info then. In the meantime, like Ming said, find and read Roberts Sub Taper Plan. Then read it again. This will become your Bible but we'll help too.

Check in and let me know that you're around today so that I can suggest what you should do. OH I guess I didn't ask--are you going to try to just stop or are you going to move forward with the taper? This is still a choice but it's your choice and we'll help you either way.

Peace,

Cat

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey tattooed, welcome to the forums! Here's a link to Robert's Sub Taper Plan that Cat and Ming were talking about in case you decide to go that route. Regardless of what you do, know that I wish you nothing but the best!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Which do you think is the better option just stopping it all together? I feel less nauseous today I ate a freaking happy meal. No big deal but to me it is since I haven't had ANYTHING in 3 days. Still feel pretty spacey. Out of it. Just not completely me. StI'll no sleep last night.
    Catrina likes this.

Which do you think is the better option just stopping it all together? I feel less nauseous today I ate a freaking happy meal. No big deal but to me it is since I haven't had ANYTHING in 3 days. Still feel pretty spacey. Out of it. Just not completely me. StI'll no sleep last night.

Sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. Here's my advice:

Whether you decide to go cold turkey or continue on the Zubs and do it Robert's way, you should stop the Zubs until you go back into withdrawal. Sorry but once you get there, it won't take long before you feel better. It might take you a day, two or even three before you are feeling poorly enough to re-induct because of the long half life. It's important to get some of that Zub out of your system before you move forward. You might even begin to feel a little bit better before you begin to feel worse. So either way, cold turkey or a re-do on the Zubs you're going to begin the same way. Just stop taking anything except vitamins and supplements. Drink gallons --as much as you possibly can--plain water, vitamin water, Gatorade or other things that will help to replenish your electrolytes.

Once your back in withdrawal, you can decide what you're going to do. If it were me, I'd try to ride it out and not use the Zubs but that's me. Give it your best shot and if things get too rough and you just can't do it, then re-induct on the Zubs at a MUCH lower dose.

Because your tablets are 5.75 mg each, for the sake of simplicity, the size of the doses I'm about to describe are rounded. For this purpose it really doesn't matter so long as the strength of your tablets don't change and even then, it'll be close enough.

Before any symptoms kick in, cut your tablets into small doses. Your tabs are 5.75mg, I believe? Cut one tab into 4 so each piece will be just a bit less than 1.5mg. Put two pieces into an old pill bottle or a piece of foil and mark it "1.5 mg each piece" and put those away for now.

Two 1/4 pieces of that tablet have been put away and you're going to divide the other two pieces. Take one of those pieces and crush it and then divide it into 3 piles. Each pile will be a bit less than .5 (1/2mg). Take one of those piles and put it into a piece of foil and mark it .5 (1/2). Take each the remaining two piles one at a time and divide it in half ( you should now have a total 4 equal piles). Put each pile into separate pieces of foil and mark them .25 (1/4mg). Crush the SECOND PIECE and divide it into 3 equal piles, and then wrap each in a piece of foil and mark each one .5 (1/2). When you're done dividing those 2 pieces, you should have 4 foil packets with .5 in each and 4 packets of foil with .25 in each. .5 x 4 = 2mg and .25 x 4 = 1mg for a total of 3mg total divided properly so that you can use them when you're ready. You can see why it's important to mark each packet because the amount in each will be so small that it would get confusing real quick..

When you are ready, use a business card or something similar folded in half, put one of the .5 piles onto it and pour it under your tongue. Wait an hour to see how you feel. If you still have symptoms, use one of the .25 piles in the same manner and wait 45 minutes to an hour. You can repeat this using the .25mg piles until you are symptom free. If after you use the .25mg doses that you have divided and need more, you can just divide one of the .5 packets in half. You mentioned that you are small and what you'd been taking wasn't horrendous (second part is my opinion and is relative compared to what others might be taking). I think you're going to be surprised at how little it's gong to take to get stable (symptom free). Once you're done and feeling well, make note of how much the TOTAL was that it took to get you there. This will be your initial DAILY dose so don't take anymore that day and this is the dose that you're going to take for the next three or four days. Because of the long half life, it should hold you until the next day.

On Day 2, you can either cut your dose in half and take half in the morning and the other half 8-10 hours later, just not too close to bedtime or you can dose once a day. Lots of folks report that it messes with their sleep if they dose too late in the day. Be sure to dose at the same time(s) every day. You may feel slightly off on the second and or third day but it shouldn't be bad at all. Hopefully on the fourth day, you'll feel good and be ready to reduce on the fifth day by 25%. We can help you with the math especially at the beginning. I know it sounds confusing, but it really isn't.

The entire goal is to get you feeling well on the least amount of the Zub and the bonus is that you'll be done with your taper sooner than if you start at a dose that is higher than what you really need. Zubs are quite the opposite of ordinary opiates. Less is more. Our instinct tell us to take more if we're not feeling well. It's very important to remember that Zubs should NEVER be used "as needed". Once you're at an established dose, push through the days that aren't perfect and you'll level out after a day or two. The same is true if you're feeling great. Just enjoy it and don't be tempted to reduce too soon or by too much. Slow and steady. That's the key.

Check in and let me know what you think and to let me know if I've confused you. Ask questions if you have any. It's important that you understand this process and re-induct slowly with small amounts and take enough time between doses to give them enough time to take full effect Once you have your initial dose, things will go much easier in terms of how much you're going to take each day.

Peace,

Cat
    DravenDomnq and OrangeRose like this.

Nearing 24 hours since my last dose and I'm going to skip tonight and see what happens. I just cannot take the lifeless feeling it gives me. So far my appetite is already going to >>>>. That happy meal was all I could tolerate. My energy in dissipating rapidly. I'm very irritable. I just want to feel like me again.
    Catrina and OrangeRose like this.

Good! Skip your dose tonight and check in here in the morning. I'm an early riser and I'll see if you've updated. Are you drinking lots of water? I know you're having trouble eating but please be sure to drink tons constantly. Do you have a blender? How about protein shakes? I use almond milk, ice, frozen berries, a little raw honey, and protein powder. Throw it all in the blender and it's yummy. You could use the extra calories so maybe you can use whole milk. In between drink as much water and Gatorade as you can manage. Subs/Zubs will dehydrate you and that will make your symptoms worse and add others that are not only unpleasant but dangerous. Be sure to drink. Promise?

Check in and so will I.

Peace,

Cat

38 hours with no dose. My stomach is in knots and hurts like hell. No sleep again last night. No nausea but still no appetite. Staying hydrated but feel like death. I'm starting to get depressed from getting up everyday and just not feeling like a human. I have no energy or desire to get up and do anything other than use the bathroom.
    OrangeRose and Catrina like this.

38 hours with no dose. My stomach is in knots and hurts like hell. No sleep again last night. No nausea but still no appetite. Staying hydrated but feel like death. I'm starting to get depressed from getting up everyday and just not feeling like a human. I have no energy or desire to get up and do anything other than use the bathroom.
    I'm sorry you're still not feeling good. Keep pushing, Sweetie. The only way to feeling better and to "feel like a human" is to get past the detox either now or later so it may as well be now. You'll have 2 days behind you in just a few hours. I really encourage you to hang in there and stick this out for a few more days without touching those Zubs. If you can do that, no taper and things will finally turn around. Do you have and are you taking Immodium to help with the bathroom trips? They really do the trick and that's one symptom that is fairly easy to manage. Take them as directed on the package--two to begin with and you can take more with each "event" They will have you making fewer trips and will help with the stomach cramps.

Have you given some thought to getting the things you need for protein shakes? I worry about you losing more weight and not having the proper nutrients. Remember that the stronger and healthier our bodies are by feeding it lots of protein, the less severe the symptoms will be and the better we'll be able to endure those symptoms. It's important! I know it's easier to just surrender to how you're feeling but please find a way to get proactive to fight this with everything you've got and it starts with beginning to take care of your general health. I totally understand that you don't have an appetite and don't feel like eating but the shakes are easy to make and much easier to get down.

I'm glad that you're giving us updates. Have you tried any of the things that have been recommended to you? If so, which ones and are they helping? If you haven't, make a list and get to the store. You have got to fight back. Don't let this thing win even a single battle because when we fight hard enough we will win the war.

Peace,

Cat
    OrangeRose likes this.

48 hours with no subs. Extreme mood swings and fatigue but all in all not too terrible. I get stomach cramps that come and go and I'm starting to get hungry just can't seem to force much down. I still feel spaced out quite a bit but sadly it's almost becoming norMal that I just keep trying to push through it. That's the hardest part so far is motivating myself to not lay around and feel sorry for myself. Luckily my bf is kind of an ass hole and won't let me, he doesn't believe in babying me. I was so mean to him and ignored him all week because that's what I wanted was to just lay around in self pity because I felt DO terrible. Im.happy he's not letting me.

I still question whether or not I'll ever really feel the same.. I don't crave the pills anymore, I crave having energy and passion. I
    OrangeRose, Ming23 and DravenDomnq like this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-13-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Tattooed
    I'm with Cat. If it were me, i would ride it out. 2 days down. A few more and it's over. That is versus a long, slow, sometimes arduous taper. Subs stay in ur body a long time. Pills don't and will be gone in about a week. Hang in there! Drink Gatorade. Move around when u can. It won't be long and u will Never regret this good decision you've made. I promise!!

Troubledk8 is offline New Member

Hi all, I'm really anxious/upset and need help!!
    So I have been addicted to pain pills since 2007. In August this past year, I moved to California and had 5 zubslov's that were 5.7 mg each. I was able to Detox efficiently and effectively. When I came back to the East coast around the middle of december, I relapsed. And I am trying to Detox myself again. I have 3 5.7 sublovs this time. Last night it had been 24 hours since my last opiate use, so I took half of a zubslov around 5:30 pm. I slept fine and felt fine. This morning, I woke up and felt chills/nausea/headache around 9 am. I was going to try my hardest to wait until 5:30 pm to take my second dose (so only once a day) but I couldn't last. The withdrawal was getting worse by the minute. So I took another half of a zubslov around 9:30 am. Here it is 7:22 pm and I feel just as bad as I did this morning. I have been drinking plenty of water but I can't eat. What is strange is that I didn't have cravings or anything until about 5:30 which would be about 8 hours after I took the dose. Now it's been 10 hours since my last dose and I can't stop craving and my head is killing me. I can't stay warm/keep having chills, etc. I didn't know that I should have taken the smallest possible amount until I felt better... but what should I do now? I just want my life back. My anxiety is through the roof and I'm miserable.
    OrangeRose likes this.